Would you like to help newcomers to get along well here in Denmark and help them on their way to a job requiring competency?
Then become a voluntary business mentor! Here you get the opportunity to join a dynamic network where you can strengthen your professional and personal competencies while making a difference to another person. As a business mentor you will contribute to diversity and integration by supporting highly educated graduates in their personal and professional development in Denmark. You are matched with a newly arrived international citizen, typically with the same professional background as you, and you meet 1-2 times a month for a conversation. Together, you will find out how you can help your mentee achieve her goals of finding a professionally relevant job in Denmark.
WHY ARE THE BUSINESS COMMENTS?
- Make an active difference to others.
- Meet people who are in a different life situation and have a different cultural background than yourself.
- Join a free mentoring course.
- Join in an exciting network with over 1200 business mentors from different companies, and participate if necessary. in the network events held.
- Get ongoing sparring with mentor consultants from the Nydansk Association.
- The work consists primarily of motivating and helping newcomers with, for example, job search, application, CV, networking and unwritten rules in the labor market. You choose which tasks you find interesting and where you think you can best contribute.
WHAT DO YOU SAY YES?
- To meet with your mentee 1-2 times a month (preferably at your workplace) for approx. 6 months.
- To participate in the mentoring course of three hours, if you have not previously been on the mentoring course.
- To fill out an online profile and participate in a short introductory phone interview that we use to prepare your mentor profile.
WHO CAN BE MENTOR?
- You can become a mentor if you live or work in Greater Copenhagen.
- You must have knowledge of and experience from the Danish labor market and want to pass this knowledge on to your mentee.
- You must be in work and it is also a requirement that you have some years of experience after finishing your education.
- In addition, you must be able to speak English at a level that allows you to complete a mentoring process in English.
WHO IS MENTEES?
- Our mentees are highly educated, who find it difficult to enter the Danish labor market. Some have come here because their spouse or partner resides or has got a job in Denmark or are EU citizens with the right to work in Denmark. Common to them is that they have a minimum of a bachelor's degree, but have difficulty in gaining a foothold in the Danish labor market.
If you think the mentor role sounds interesting to you, contact us via the 'contact organization' link or fill out your profile here.
We are looking forward to hear from you!