We are looking for volunteers who speak Bulgarian, Hungarian or Rumanian at our day shelter Istedgade 100.
Your minium age must be 22 years old. No maximum age :-)
We imagine that you:
- Want to help us around 3 hours on a weekday or Sunday every second week. Weekdays are from 8.15 a.m. to 11.30. Sundays from 9.45 am till 1pm.
- Are a minimum of 18 years and for example students, unemployed, retiree or pensioner
- Is ready for small practical tasks such as tea / coffee brewing, putting some clothes together and arranging for towels when users are going to bathe.
- Will help to create a nice and safe atmosphere in our café
- Maybe like to draw, play games or other creative and enjoyable with the users and talk to them.
- Maybe foreign languages besides English, as many of those who use our café are currently people from Eastern Europe. However, this is not a requirement :-)
We can offer you:
- Volunteering, where you enable other people to meet basic needs such as staying clean, resting and resting a few hours of life on the street, as well as giving them some leeway with creative activities.
- Cozy interaction with our sweet users as well as other volunteers and employees. Eg. we go on trips where we see other places.
- Great opportunity to come up with your own ideas for activities you want to do with users
We hope to hear from you.