What is MAKTALK?
MAKTALK is a serie of 6 events with focus on democracy and human rights in Central America running from October 2021 to October 2022.
The idea is to facilitate different relevant debates on democratic topics and make such knowledge accessible to people living in Denmark. Relevant topics could be elections in Nicaragua, indigenous peoples' right to land, free trade zones (ZEDES), feminism/abortion in Central America, access to water, the implimentation of bitcoin in El Salvador, monocultivacion of commodities, migration, development for who and why?.
The project is funded by the Danish Ministry of Culture and Heritage and therefore we expect (as much as posible) one year commitment to the project and regular participation in meetings.
You will get a lot of experience in project manegement and opportunity to shape the project with your own ideas and field of interests.
The project needs different types of volunteers:
1. Projectmanegers - a group who will have the generel overview of the project and they will define the debate outline, schedule the events, be in charge of finding suitung locations, invite guests, cordinate with everyone and other organisatory tasks.
2. Campaign Designers - one or two volunteers who will be in charge of creating the visual image of the events to be used on social media, advertisements and flyers.
3. Communication (SoMe) - a group of volunteers who will take the responsability of all SoMe and advertise for the events.
4. Photographers - one or two volunteers who will record (and edit) and take photos during the events.
5. Accountant - one volunteer who will do the accounting and be in charge of the final report.
Write us an e-mail with a short description of yourself and how you think you can contribute to this project.
Who is MAK?
The Central America Committee (MAK) is a solidarity organization that has been working since 1980 to strengthen the social and political conditions of the poor majority in Central America. The MAK actively supports the struggle for self-determination and social justice and prioritises direct cooperation with the popular organizations in Central America.
The Central America Committee has three main activities:
We are looking forward to hear from you!
Frivilligjob.dk is Denmark's leading volunteer job portal.
Volunteering is for everyone - we welcome all applicants regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality, social background, sexual orientation or religious background.