The Youth Red Cross' activity - Spilopperne
As a volunteer in Spilopperne, you help to give children and young people who have lived in a shelter good experiences in an everyday life that is not always easy. In Spilopperne, the volunteers help to spread smiles and joy through play and positive communities. When mother and child move out of the shelter again, it can be difficult to start over in a new home and with a new everyday life. That is why the Youth Red Cross offers activities for children who have lived in shelters. It takes place in collaboration with the Red Cross' Qnet. Qnet acts as a support in the transition from a life of violence and fear and shelters to a life with a safe everyday life and own housing.
You must do this as a volunteer:
As a volunteer at Spilopperne, you help to create activities for children approx. once a month for networking events in Copenhagen, where the children's mothers also participate. The networking events are held by the Red Cross Q-net, and are an offer of fellowship with other families in the transition from the shelter to a weekday outside the shelter. While the mothers talk and do activities for adults, Spilopperne provides play and fun with the children in the meantime, so they have a great day full of good experiences.
It is up to you volunteers what should happen - only the imagination sets limits.
Become a volunteer in Spilopperne Aftercare
As a volunteer in Spilopperne, you meet children of all ages from small children to teenagers, and you help to give them a bright spot in everyday life, simply by showing up with presence and desire to get involved in everything from craft workshop to table tennis, football, a nice chat or reading a book aloud.
The events are usually on weekends during the day.
What do we expect of you?
· That you can volunteer for my activity. once a month and in addition attend planning meetings in the volunteer group
· That you are creative and like to do creative activities, play games and much more.
· That you can commit to the project for a minimum of six months and preferably longer.
What can you expect?
· You will be part of a project that gives children and young people a free space and meaningful experiences in a young-to-young community.
· You make a difference for children and young people who are in a difficult place in their lives and get something to write on their CV!
· You become part of a committed volunteer group with other young people
· Opportunities for various courses and education through the Youth Red Cross
· You become part of Denmark's largest humanitarian youth organization, where you have the opportunity to form networks and participate in relevant courses and events.
Do you have the courage to make a difference for children and young people through Spilopperne? Then send us an application where you tell us a little about yourself and why you would like to volunteer at the activity.
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis.
We are looking forward to hear from you!
Frivilligjob.dk is Denmark's leading volunteer job portal.
Volunteering is for everyone - we welcome all applicants regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality, social background, sexual orientation or religious background.