Hope and action
Become a volunteer in Better Psychiatry Odense
Better Psychiatry is a nationwide association for relatives of people with a mental illness.
In Odense, we have a strong local association, where we carry out many activities that help relatives to hope and action.
There is speed across the field in our local department. That is why we are looking for volunteers for our five committees and for our board.
You can volunteer in one (or more) of our selections:
- Event committee
- Here we arrange lectures, debate events and relatives' cafés.
- Communication Committee
- We write posts for social media, make newsletters for our members and will soon start making a brand new website.
- Political Committee
- Here we work to influence the municipality's and the region's services for relatives and users of psychiatry. Right now we have a special focus on the creation of a new municipal council for mental health, which we have been pushing for and which would like to see the light of day this year.
- Conversation committee
- In this committee, we develop, plan and support our relatives groups (discussion groups, writing workshop and nature group), which are held by a professional group leader. Our next project is to start a peer offer for relatives.
- Volunteer Committee
- The committee's most important task is to ensure that new volunteers get off to a good start in our local department, and that all our volunteers thrive and are well dressed for the tasks they have. This is also where we make professional and social events for our volunteers.
You can become a board member and help lay the overall lines in our local department.
In addition, you can have your own area of responsibility. It can be, for example:
- As coordinator for the Conversation Committee, which works with relatives 'groups and an upcoming relatives' peer offer.
- As responsible for fundraising, which is crucial for several of our existing offers and for us to develop new offers.
What do you get out of being a volunteer in Better Psychiatry Odense?
You will experience:
- The joy of working in a well-functioning and innovative community with the ability and willingness to make a difference for relatives of people with mental illness.
- To be professionally challenged and learn new things.
- To be well dressed for your tasks. Among other things. via courses in our national association.
- To meet openness to your ideas and have a say.
- To become part of a strong community - both locally and nationally.
You do not have to be a relative to volunteer with us, but you must of course support the association's purpose and values.
We look forward to meeting you and telling you about our work and hearing what you would like to contribute.