We are looking for fresh volunteers for our day shelter at Istedgade 100, who speak some Bulgarian, Rumanian, Polish or Turkish.
Your minium age must be 22 years old. No maximum age :-)
We imagine you:
- Would like to help us 3 hours every 14 days a weekday from 8.15 pm. to 11.30 am. Sundays from 9.45 am till 1 pm.
- Are a minimum of 20 years and eg a student, early retirement or pensioner
- Ready for small practical tasks such as tea / coffee making, putting together some clothes and arranging for towels when the users are bathing
- Want to talk to our users
- Would like to help create a nice and safe atmosphere in our café
- Perhaps foreign languages can be in addition to English, as many of those who use our café are currently people from Eastern Europe. Bulgarian would be really helpfull.
We can offer you:
- A voluntary work where you make it possible for homeless people to cover basic needs such as keeping themselves clean, resting and resting for hours away from street life, and allowing them to spend some time with talk and creative activities.
- Co-operation with our sweet users as well as other volunteers and employees
- Good opportunity to come up with your own ideas for activities you want to do
- We have a monthly meeting (volunteers and staff) and frequent excursions to e.g. other shelters
We hope to hear from you.